Welcome to the online abstract submission site for
SAGES 2019 Annual Meeting.
April 3-6, 2019
at the Baltimore Convention Center
in Baltimore, MD
Friday, September 21, 2018, 11:59 PM PT
Important Notice: The following Abstract Submission Policies will be firmly enforced:
- Previously Presented Abstracts: No abstracts may be submitted that have been previously presented at a regional (Central Surgical, Southwest Surgical, etc.), national, or international meeting. Abstracts that have been presented locally (state ACS chapter meeting, institutional or departmental research day for example) will be considered. If the abstract has been previously presented locally, where and when it was presented must be disclosed during the abstract submission process
- No Previously Published Submissions: The abstract submitted must present original work that has not and will not be published prior to the SAGES 2019 Scientific Session.
- No Dual Submissions: The abstract must not be submitted to any other upcoming regional, national, or international meeting.
- No Previously Presented Data: All abstracts must be new and original content OR include at least 50% new data if previously presented at a meeting (unless presented locally as described above).
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit, but you may not submit a video abstract and a written abstract on the same study/data set. You must select either a written abstract submission or a video abstract submission.
- No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract or in the abstract title.
- Manuscript Submission: Accepted Oral Abstract Presenters must submit a complete manuscript to Surgical Endoscopy.
- The word limit for abstract submissions is 400-words (not including title and authors).
- Images are allowed with abstract submissions. Images must be no larger than 1MB in file size, and the image may be no larger than 900 pixels wide by 900 pixels high.
- Tables may be included in the abstract submission but will go against the abstract's 400-word limit.
- Videos may not be submitted with a written abstract
- The Maximum length for submitted videos is Seven (7) Minutes. SAGES is not accepting 3D Video submissions. If your video is accepted for presentation at the 2019 SAGES meeting, you will be required to bring a final copy of your video with you to the meeting.
- A short written description of your video should be included when submitting your video abstract.
NOTE:The SAGES Conflict of Interest Committee (CIC) declares that no employees/owners of a commercial interest may present in SAGES CME accredited activities. Also, no content author may be an employee/owner of a commercial interest unless the submission is in compliance with the ACCME's policy and approved by the SAGES Conflict of Interest Committee (CIC).
Please visit the following web page for other rules, guidelines, instructions and the SAGES Policy on Employees of Commercial Interests:
If you are uploading a video, use the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE 11 or above.
ALL submitters MUST create a new account to submit an abstract. Accounts created in the past submission run will no longer work. (the link to create a new account is below the login box).