Welcome to the online abstract submission site for the
The Society of Military Surgeons
7th Annual Military Surgical Symposium.
Taking place at the
SAGES 2020 Annual Meeting
April 1-4, 2020
Huntington Convention Center
Friday, September 20, 2019, 5:00 PM PDT
The military symposium will include all three military services and will be part of the scientific and clinical sessions of the SAGES 2020 Annual Meeting. Please note that this is not an official Department of Defense event.
There is a 400-word limit for abstracts. No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract or in the abstract title.
The abstract copy must include the following:
Important Notice: The following Abstract Submission Policies will be firmly enforced:
- No Previously Published Submission: The abstract submitted must present original work, performed by the author and must not have been published prior to April 1, 2020.
- No Dual Submissions: The abstract must not have been submitted to any other upcoming meeting in North America.
- The paper may have been previously presented at another meeting but must not have won any previous awards.
- Digital Poster Submission: If selected for a Poster Presentation, a digital version of the poster must be submitted.
- The Society of Military Surgeons will be accepting videos this year. The Maximum length for videos is Seven (7) Minutes and no 3D Videos will be accepted. To be considered for a Video Presentation, a short abstract summary of your video MUST be submitted via the online abstract submission site and your video MUST also be uploaded online.
NOTE:The SAGES Conflict of Interest Committee (CIC) declares that no employees/owners of a commercial interest may present in SAGES CME accredited activities. Also, no content author may be an employee/owner of a commercial interest unless the submission is in compliance with the ACCME's policy and approved by the SAGES Conflict of Interest Committee (CIC).
Please visit the following web page for other rules, guidelines, instructions and the SAGES Policy on Employees of Commercial Interests:
ALL submitters MUST create a new account to submit an abstract. Accounts created in the past submission run will no longer work. (the link to create a new account is below the login box).
If you are uploading a video, use the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE 10 or above.