Welcome to the online abstract submission site for
Americas Hernia Society 2021 Annual Meeting.
September 23-25, 2021
Friday, April 30, 2021, 5:00 PM ET
Important Notice: The following Abstract Submission Policies will be firmly enforced:
There is a 500 word limit for written and video abstract submissions. No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract or in the abstract title.
- Previously Presented Abstracts: All abstracts must be new and original content. No abstracts may be submitted that have been previously presented unless they include at least 50% new data
- No Previously Published Submissions: The abstract submitted must present original work that has not and is not expected to be published prior to the Americas Hernia Society (AHS) 2021 Scientific Session
- No Dual Submissions: The abstract must not be submitted to any other upcoming regional, national, or international meeting.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit, but you may not submit a video abstract and a written abstract on the same study/data set. You must select either a written abstract submission or a video abstract submission.
Written Abstract Submissions
- The word limit for written abstract submissions is 500-words (not including title and authors).
- Images are allowed with abstract submissions. Images must be no larger than 1MB in file size, and no larger than 900 pixels wide by 900 pixels high.
- Tables may be included in the abstract submission but will go against the abstract's 500-word limit.
- Videos may not be submitted with a written abstract
- No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract or in the abstract title
Video Abstract Submissions
- The Maximum length for submitted videos is Five (5) Minutes. Americas Hernia Society (AHS) is not accepting 3D Video submissions. If your video is accepted for presentation at the 2021 Americas Hernia Society (AHS) meeting, you will be required to bring a final copy of your video with you to the meeting.
- A short written description of your video should be included when submitting your video abstract.
- Images and tables should not be included in the short written description when submitting a video abstract.
- Videos must have narration in English. Without narration, it will not be considered.
- Videos may not include advertisement or promotion of products.
- Please DO NOT include any music, video clips or other materials/media copyrighted by any entity other than yourself
- No reference to the authors or the institution should appear in your video, within the body of the abstract or in the abstract title
Please note that all accepted abstracts will be published by the AHS Journal Hernia.
NOTE:The Americas Hernia Society (AHS) Conflict of Interest Task Force declares that no employees/owners of a commercial interest may present in Americas Hernia Society (AHS) CME accredited activities. Also, no content author may be an employee/owner of a commercial interest unless the submission is in compliance with the ACCME's policy and approved by the Americas Hernia Society (AHS) Conflict of Interest Task Force.
Please visit the following web page for other rules, guidelines, instructions and the Americas Hernia Society (AHS) Policy on Employees of Commercial Interests:
If you are uploading a video, use the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE 11 or above.
ALL submitters MUST create a new account to submit an abstract. Accounts created in the past submission run will no longer work. (the link to create a new account is below the login box).