Welcome to the online abstract submission site for
AHNS 2024 Annual Meeting
Held during the Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meetings (COSM)
May 15-16, 2024
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2023, 5:00 PM EDT
Important Notice: The following Abstract Submission Policies will be firmly enforced:
- No Previously Presented Submissions (Encore Abstracts): The abstract submitted must present original work that has not and will not be presented prior to the AHNS 2024 Annual Meeting held during the Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meetings (COSM).
- No Previously Published Submissions/No Submissions Under Consideration For Publication: The abstract submitted must present original work that has not and will not be published or presented prior to the AHNS 2024 Annual Meeting held during the Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meetings (COSM), and is not currently under review for publication. The exception to this rule is that a manuscript may be submitted to JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery for special meeting related consideration only after the abstract has been accepted by AHNS for presentation. Manuscripts may not be submitted to any journals for consideration until after AHNS abstract acceptance notification, and if the abstract is selected for Oral Presentation, the Presenter is required to submit a complete manuscript to JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery. If the manuscript has been submitted to any journal prior to AHNS abstract acceptance notifications, or if the manuscript is not submitted to JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery as part of the Oral Presentation requirement, the Abstract Submitter, Presenter and Senior Author will forfeit the privilege to submit, present, or be listed as an author on abstracts for the 2025 and 2026 AHNS Annual Meetings. Abstracts selected for Oral presentation may not be moved to other forms of presentation to bypass the required submission of a manuscript to JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery.
- Authors of abstracts selected for Oral Presentation may request a waiver from submitting a manuscript to JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, but all requests must be submitted no later than January 30, 2024 in writing to the AHNS Publications Committee via the link in your presentation acceptance letter. All decisions regarding waivers will be made by the Publications Committee; authors whose requests are declined will need to withdraw their Oral Presentation if they do not plan to submit a manuscript to JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery by the deadline.
- This year we will be featuring several highly rated and selected abstracts that will be integrated for oral presentation among the main panels/symposia. These selected oral presentations will be distinct from those typically presented in proffered scientific sessions. We are particularly interested in featuring abstracts related to head and neck genomics, translational thyroid cancer advances, new technologies in head and neck cancer, rare tumors, and oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma.
- Trials in Progress and Case Reports may be submitted
- Abstract submissions are limited to 500 words or less.
- Images are allowed with abstract submissions. Images must be no larger than 1MB in file size, and no larger than 900 pixels wide by 900 pixels high.
- No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract or in the abstract title.
- Manuscript Submission: Accepted Oral Abstract Presenters must submit a complete manuscript to JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery.
- Abstracts can be edited until the submission site closes. After the submission site closes and the abstracts go into review, the content of the abstracts may not be edited in any way. Please make sure to proof read and double check your abstracts before submission. In addition, AHNS cannot update the content/text of your abstract to include new/updated data after acceptance notifications, although you will be allowed to include these updated findings in your actual presentation.
NOTE:AHNS declares that no employees/owners of an ineligible company may present in AHNS CME accredited sessions.
Please visit the following web page for other rules, guidelines, instructions and the AHNS Policy on Owner/Employees of Ineligible Companies:
ALL submitters MUST create a new account to submit an abstract. Accounts created in the past submission run will no longer work. (the link to create a new account is below the login box).